2.12.2009

Sleepless night & trip to the hospital

Last night was "interesting".  All day yesterday I had pain/pressure in my lower abdomen, with an occasional contraction.  Had a few more contractions around 10-11 pm.  Then, when I went to bed around midnight it hurt to lay down.  I did anyway, but had consistent contractions for 2 hours (not terribly painful, more annoying...but it was painful laying down).  

Finally, got up around 2 am and sat in my rocker and watched TV.  Started timing contractions around 2:30 and for an hour they were consistently 5-6 minutes apart.  So, I remained calm (eerily calm to tell you the truth) and decided I would take a shower and get ready for the hospital if it came to that (plus I couldn't sleep anyway).  

Around 5 am I was still having contractions and didn't know if my water had broken so we called our friends to come over (can't forget to have Logan taken care of) and took off for the hospital.  My water was not broken and my contractions weren't consistent or close enough to stay at the hospital, so we got home about 7 am.

Thankfully my contractions have calmed down a bit today (as long as I am sitting or laying down and not moving) so I have been able to rest.  I did have my weekly doctor's appointment late morning and she said that my contractions could start up again and the baby be here soon, or not for a few days, or they could stop for awhile and not come back for a few weeks.  

We know that this is all in God's timing, but it is sure hard not knowing when everything is going down!  I wonder if we'll have another baby born on the 14th (Valentine's Day is in 2 days) or if she'll wait until my Grandma's birthday (the 21st) or my dad's (the 22nd) or pick her own day?  I just hope (mainly for our friend's sake who come over to take care of Logan, and for Chris too) that I don't have to take a trip to the hospital in the middle of the night again!

2 comments:

Steph D said...

we're praying for you, girl! love you and so excited!!!

Dave, Kristal and Wes said...

That same thing happened to my neighbor (her 2nd kid) and she went in to real labor the next day.Your little girl will be here so soon! Get some rest and can't wait to see pics and hear the details.